Sep 18, 2011, 11:56 PM EDT
A helmet-to-helmet collision with teammate Todd Herremans knocked Michael Vick out of the game with a concussion in the third quarter, and Atlanta was able to take advantage of enough Eagles miscues to come back from a 10-point deficit, securing a 35-31 victory.
Tony Gonzalez torched the Birds’ linebackers and safeties to the tune of 83 yards and two touchdowns, while Michael Turner closed with a 61-yard run and a touchdown on the Falcons’ go-ahead scoring drive.
Vince Young was inactive with a hamstring injury, so Mike Kafka came on in relief of Vick. He was able to move the ball into scoring territory, but Jeremy Maclin dropped a ball on 4th and 4, essentially ending the threat once and for all.
The Eagles did a lot of things well, but some familiar problems came back to haunt them in this one. More to come on the one that got away.
|Ben on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|willh888 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|meankoalas on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|docdeath20 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return