Sep 18, 2011, 11:56 PM EDT
A helmet-to-helmet collision with teammate Todd Herremans knocked Michael Vick out of the game with a concussion in the third quarter, and Atlanta was able to take advantage of enough Eagles miscues to come back from a 10-point deficit, securing a 35-31 victory.
Tony Gonzalez torched the Birds’ linebackers and safeties to the tune of 83 yards and two touchdowns, while Michael Turner closed with a 61-yard run and a touchdown on the Falcons’ go-ahead scoring drive.
Vince Young was inactive with a hamstring injury, so Mike Kafka came on in relief of Vick. He was able to move the ball into scoring territory, but Jeremy Maclin dropped a ball on 4th and 4, essentially ending the threat once and for all.
The Eagles did a lot of things well, but some familiar problems came back to haunt them in this one. More to come on the one that got away.
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Mungman on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money