Dec 24, 2012, 12:45 PM EDT
So that injury to Nick Foles’ throwing hand on Sunday, the
one that he played through for at least the entire second half? Fairly serious
after all. An X-ray on Monday morning revealed a hairline fracture, which will
keep him out of the Week 17 finale in New York.
The news on Foles seems to set up Michael Vick to make the
start on Sunday, quite possibly his last game in an Eagles uniform.
Andy Reid refused to commit to Vick, saying an official
decision would come on Wednesday, but strongly indicated No. 7 was the
likely choice over Trent Edwards. Despite being cleared to play by an
independent neurologist, Vick was inactive for the 27-20 loss to the Redskins
Meanwhile, although Foles’ hand is enough to keep him out
this week, Reid left us with the impression it wasn’t too bad, estimating the kid
would be ready to go in about three weeks.
Kind of a bummer. Following the progression of Foles has
been one of the few reasons to tune in to the Birds over the past month or so.
That said, Vick and company will have a shot to eliminate the Giants’ faint playoff
chances, so that could be fun to watch.
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Reneecel on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|willh888 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money