Jan 12, 2009, 4:54 PM EDT
Howard Eskin did something awesome for once this afternoon when he got former Eagles Hall of Fame-caliber receiver Freddie Mitchell to join him on air. The interview amazingly starts off with Freddie talking about his attendance at the CMAs — that’s the Country Music Awards.
The heart of the interview centered around Freddie Mitchell airing some sort of grievance with Donovan McNabb, stressing over and over that Donovan McNabb is an inconsistent quarterback.
something Eagles fans have repeated endlessly, but this is one of the
first times a guy who played big games with McNabb has came out and
“You never know whether he’s gonna have a good game or whether he’s gonna have a bad game. You never know if he’s gonna throw the ball behind you or on the ground or right at you. I think you know what you’re gonna get out of Peyton Manning every week,” Mitchell said.
Freddie’s frustrations with McNabb were apparently so deep that he asked Andy Reid to release him. Sure he did.
When asked by Eskin why he never got back in the league, Mitchell’s response was not surprising. “Uhhh, shoot. I mean, right now? I think, seriously, because I’ve had people on the inside say that ‘they put out a cancer, he’s not a team player, etc. etc,’” FredEx quipped.
Mitchell, when asked by Eskin if there was a force trying to demean him around the league that prevented him from sticking with another team after the Eagles, says that “I think that either Donovan or, I don’t know, Andy Reid or somebody in the organization really put the tag on me.”
Freddie added that players in Kansas City, Tony Gonzalez or Trent Green, told him McNabb had called them to tell them Mitchell was a “media whore.” Well, at least he wasn’t lying.
It’s pretty awesome to hear Freddie’s take this many years later.
Freddie says he’s cutting a country music album and has a reality TV show “probably” coming out chronicling his musical efforts with the help of Toby Keith’s people. Amazing.
Listen to the entire interview Howard Eskin and Ike Reese did with Freddie Mitchell here.
|ochospantalones on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|iglue on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
|pourman on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|Steve on One national writer thinks Eag…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return