Mar 13, 2007, 9:39 AM EDT
At least I’m assuming he won’t return your call. He certainly won’t return Ron Jaworski’s calls. Remember when there were rumblings that FredEx could make a return to South Philadelphia – not at the Linc of course, but rather at the Wachovia Center catching passes from Tony Graziani for the Philadelphia Soul? Well those rumblings weren’t completely off base. Jaws, who now is one of the center pieces of ESPN’s broadcast of the Arena Football League (conflict of interest much?) said last week that he did in fact reach out to Freddie on multiple occasions. The former Eagles great, ESPN god, and now part owner of the Soul said he placed at least four calls to the now dethroned People’s Champ. Unfortunately for all of us, Freddie didn’t return the call.
It would have been a triumphant return.
|Fly guy on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Chief on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Scott B on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Jay D on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money