Mar 17, 2008, 1:58 PM EST
Enrico emails me this tip from the beach, via the Los Angeles Times’ coverage of UCLA wide receiver Brandon Breazell and his trials at the Bruins’ pro-day workout:
Watching from the sideline, along with a gathering of agents and other
spectators, was former UCLA receiver Freddie Mitchell, a first-round
pick by Philadelphia in 2001…Mitchell, 29, thinks he still has something to offer an NFL team and
said he’s confident he can make a comeback. To that end, he spent a lot
of time Thursday chatting with scouts. "Success is situational," he said. "The right coach can take an average receiver and put him in the Pro Bowl."
Freddie still blames his ‘friendship’ with Terrell Owens as the reason he was run out of town on a rail:
"Me and T.O. were the best of friends, and that hurt my relationship
with Donovan," he said, referring to Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb.
"There were issues between me and Donovan."
He’s halfway right. McNabb tends not to get along well with people who drop tons of passes and become substitute teachers in order to pick up underage girls.
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return