Feb 6, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
You can get angry about ticket price hikes all you want, but as a sports fan, you really should get used to tickets to your favorite team going up every couple of years. With the impressive inroads made by HD TVs and television programming these days though, it will be up to the teams and the leagues to make the experience at the stadium or arena more enticing.
The majority of tickets at the Linc will see a rise in price next year, with some others staying the same, and a few locations even seeing a decrease.
So aside from the obvious price hikes, the most interesting thing about the announcement today by the Eagles, are the new seats and state of the art television boards. The idea of a 360 video board experience seems enticing.
Tickets to an Eagles game will now range from $75 to $130 depending on seat location. Geoff Mosher has more on the specifics of some of the changes:
The most glaring upgrade will be the Panasonic-brand HD video and LED ribbon boards along with a new sound system. The ribbon boards along side each side of the stadium will be extended to provide 360 degrees of video, real-time scores, statistics and other splashy features that the Eagles hope will enhance the fan experience.
And perhaps the most interesting aspect of the new seating areas for fans who already have seats? The upper concourses will now be connected.
renderings provided by the Eagles
|psudrozz on Photo: Claude Giroux can do an…|
|Yea your a smacked a… on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|The Evster on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Marianne on Cole Hamels could miss all of…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return