Nov 20, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
Believe it or not, your 3-7 Philadelphia Eagles will be
featured in primetime in three of the next four weeks. Unlike the suckers at
ESPN and the NFL Network however, NBC could get out of showing an awful game to
a national-television audience.
Unfortunately, they opted not to.
We’re at that time of the year where NBC’s Sunday Night
Football has flex scheduling, which gives the network the option to replace a
game between two bad teams with a game people might actually enjoy.
Philly-Dallas on December 2 would appear to be the epitome of that scenario,
but the network made the decision to keep the matchup anyway, likely thinking the
two fan bases will tune in no matter what.
That’s probably true to an extent, but couldn’t you do us a
solid, NBC? It’s bad enough the Eagles are the laughingstock of the league, do
we really need any additional attention drawn to it?
The Cowboys (5-5) are no prize, either.
As if that weren’t bad enough, the Eagles meet the woeful Panthers
on Monday Night Football this week, followed by the SNF game, then a week and a
half later is Thursday Night Football with the Bengals. Carolina and Cincinnati
are home games, so you can imagine what those crowds will be like for TV – not that
anybody watches the Thursday game.
And we thought the schedule makers were being unkind when
the Birds played four opponents coming off of their bye week…
On another note, with Philly playing four games over an
18-day span – they have a trip to Tampa Bay lined up somewhere in the middle of
all that – I wouldn’t expect any news on the head coaching front until that’s
over with at least. It’s going to be hectic enough as it is without making interim
changes, not to mention the media circus that would inevitably follow.
|psudrozz on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money