Jul 11, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Guess what? Donovan McNabb has opinions. What a jerk. I know, right?
Guess what else? McNabb gets paid to express those opinions by the NFL Network. What a jerk. I know, right?
Yeah, but seeing as it is his job and all, we as Eagles fans or members of the media who cover the team probably don’t need to have a reaction to every time the man complains about Tony Romo’s contract, or Matt Stafford’s contract, or wow this dude has a lot of beef with other quarterbacks who happened to get paid. And we definitely should not care the slightest bit if he wants to have a heart-to-heart with Robert Griffin about life in the national spotlight or on a boat or anywhere else.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not pretending everything McNabb says or Tweets is off limits, and could never be worth picking apart for our own amusement ever again. We still don’t have all 53 teammates’ takes on whether or not the guy puked during the Super Bowl – that topic never gets old!
Heck, we can even debate his Hall-of-Fame credentials until the end of time (Get it? Because he’ll never get in!) and if his number five should be retired or not until it eventually happens two three decades from now.
But we’re all long past interested in most of what Donovan has to say, which funny enough is in part due to the fact that he’s supposed to be commenting on Stafford’s new contract or participate in awkward angles where he meddles in Griffin’s personal life. That’s what media folks do I’m told.
In other words, if you can’t stand hearing what Donovan McNabb has to say, you better bury your head in the sand. He’s not going away – unless somebody decides to change the channel or unfollow.
|psudrozz on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money