Jan 11, 2011, 10:22 PM EST
With the Sixers-Pacers game going down to the wire at the Wells Fargo Center and the Flyers-Sabres playing an exciting one up in Buffalo, the usually must-see-live-TV event that was Freddie Mitchell appearing on Millionaire Matchmaker was relegated to the DVR. But it was worth the wait.
Some fun quotes and highlights from Freddie’s episode:
- “Basically he’s been burned so many times because he’s famous, and he’s sick of it, so he wants [Millionaire Matchmaker] to filter.”
- Freddie: “I’m a retired NFL player thinking about coming back.” “I might go back and try and play again.” HA!
- Freddie got dumped by his fiancee after the Super Bowl loss to the Patriots.
- FredEx is a 31-year-old father. He has a six-year old girl.
- He’s attracted to white and latino women.
- Freddie: “Now I’m a venture capitalist. Any kind of ideas, businesses that I want to load my money in, that’s what I do.”
- For his “mini dates,” Freddie picked the Gemologist from North Carolina and a lady who was a stuntwoman that also enjoys Brazilian Jujitsu.
- For his “master date,” Freddie wisely went with the Gemologist. He took her on a helicopter ride over New York City, including Central Park.
- His date, Adrienne, mentioned that she looked him up on the Internet and saw that he failed to pay child support.
- “I didn’t think it was none of her business about my situation with my child. I thought it was kind of rude… very rude actually.” His date later said he had a good explanation, but the audience didn’t get to hear it.
- Freddie: “It was rude when she Googled me, but I’ve been in ball games where I was losing by 21 points or so but I never gave up, so I’m not going to give up on this date.”
- Freddie shared that he did some cheerleading stunts in high school and then proceeded to “do the chair,” a cheerleading move in which he lifted his date up and sticks her rear end in his hand.
- His date on Freddie: “A really open, nice, fun person. There were some rough spots, but overall I had fun.”
- He learned more in one date with the Millionaire Matchmaker’s guidance than he did in the last three years.
All in all, Freddie was kind of a nice guy. Gentlemanly, but kind of jocky, if not a bit boring and seemingly full of shit. Sadly, Freddie and Adrienne (pictured above) never went on a second date. Hopefully he finds love some day. Or something. But for real, it’d be okay if he made more TV shows out of his dates.
Also, the other date airing on this episode was kind of an awesome train wreck during which a dude told the millionaire dater that he was totally not into her after she showed him a DVD of her in lingerie. On their first date.
|Bonsai Steve on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|Nick Russo on 3 Stars: Giroux, Voracek pace…|
|Steve on Adrian Peterson thinks Mike Vi…|
|Ummmm on Union unveil new primary kits,…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return