Feb 13, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
Those concerned Howie Roseman is in way over in his head as
Eagles’ general manager and decider – all of us really, to some extent anyway –
should breathe a sigh of relief today.
The league’s youngest GM added a veteran “football guy” to
the front office on Wednesday in Tom Gamble, naming him to the post of vice president
of player personnel. Gamble will assist in every aspect of personnel, including
both pro and college scouting.
Bringing 24 years of NFL experience to Philadelphia, Gamble spent
the previous nine with the San Francisco 49ers, serving the last two as their
director of pro personnel. He helped rebuild the organization from a disastrous
2-14 season in 2004 into Super Bowl contenders the past two seasons.
Interesting nugget from his bio: Gamble’s career actually
began with the Eagles in 1988 as an assistant in their player personnel
department. His father Harry was formerly the team president, and also at one
time the head coach at Penn.
Say what you want about Roseman, but he obviously believes
in the age-old mantra there’s no substitute for good help. This should ease
some of the worries that Howie would be going it alone and was wielding too
much power of the front office.
Or maybe not. Does the addition of Gamble provide any
comfort to skeptical fan base?
|Rob on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|al on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money