Aug 6, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Just a week after Eagles wide receiver Riley Cooper found himself at the center of a media firestorm for using the N word, another former Eagle is now in hot water for using offensive language directed at one of his coworkers. This time it was ESPN personality and former defensive end Hugh Douglas who is the alleged user of a racial slur.
We first posted yesterday about Douglas having a less-than-friendly interaction with his ESPN coworker over the weekend. Now, even more details have emerged and they paint a picture of a drunk Douglas using racial slurs against a fellow African American.
From The Big Lead:
Hugh Douglas was inebriated and threatened to beat up his colleague Michael Smith three times Friday night, a source who witnessed the altercation at the House of Blues in Orlando tells The Big Lead. According to the source, Douglas, who appears on Numbers Never Lie on ESPN with Michael Smith and Jemele Hill, was trying to get on stage where the DJ was playing, and threatened to beat up Smith if he couldn’t help out. After the third threat, Smith tried to walk away, at which point Douglas grabbed Smith’s wrist and hurled two racial epithets at him, calling him an “Uncle Tom” and a “House N—-.” Smith, the witness says, turned around to protect himself, at which point onlookers rushed in to break it up.
The Big Lead says they confirmed the story with multiple sources and Deadspin also heard similar things independently.
We’ve all heard the stories about Douglas having a temper back in the day and some have even seen the ESPN analyst lash out at people on Twitter for calling him the made up nickname “Turbo Bird.”
Douglas sent the following tweet last week in regards to Cooper’s incident:
S/O to Riley Cooper.. For keepin it 100.. At least now we know!
— Hugh Douglas (@Bighugh53) July 31, 2013
And now we know a little something more about Hugh Douglas it would seem.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return