If you haven’t heard yet, you certainly will: Nick Foles and Drew Brees went to same Texas high school
Jan 2, 2014, 4:06 PM EDT
It’s true. The two quarterbacks going up against each other in the NFC playoffs on Saturday night attended the same high school in Austin, Texas.
That’s a fun quirky fact you’ll likely hear a couple of times on the telecast on Saturday. But it’s not as fun as one might hope. Nick Foles and Drew Brees have met less times in real life than the Philadelphia Eagles and New Orleans Saints have met in the playoffs over the years.
They’ve met once.
CSNPhilly.com’s Geoff Mosher wrote about the quarterbacks on Thursday and points out that while they’ve only met once after the two teams played in 2012, they’ve certainly been keeping tabs on each other for obvious reasons. Not surprisingly, they both speak very highly of each other.
“Yeah, it is amazing. It’s extremely impressive. Those are pretty unprecedented numbers, especially for a guy who’s in his first year as a starter,” said Brees, who will face his fellow Westlake alumnus Saturday night at the Linc in a first-round playoff game between the Eagles and Saints.
“I’m very happy for his success, obviously not just [for] the fact we’re from the same high school and I kind of know the road he’s traveled, but he seems like a tremendous young man. I don’t know him that well. I’ve only met him on one or two occasions, but everything I’ve heard about him is that he’s a tremendous young man and you can see just by the way he plays he’s mature beyond his years. It’s been fun to watch his success.
The full story at CSN. Worth the read just so you can tell all your friends on Saturday night before the TV crew spouts it off after shots of cold fans, the Art Museum, and cheesesteak B-roll.
|duffman on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|willh888 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|ochospantalones on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Ben on One national writer thinks Eag…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return