Oct 1, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
The Eagles handed it off to LeSean McCoy 23 times on Sunday night, but despite Andy Reid’s track record, we probably shouldn’t be all that surprised by the numbers. Against the Giants, McCoy’s big games are becoming par for the course.
Believe it or not, this was the third consecutive meeting with their rivals to the north in which Shady carried the ball at least 23 times and rushed for over 100 yards.
New York hasn’t come up with an answer for McCoy yet, who posted his fourth-career 100-yard game on Big Blue. Dating back to last season, he’s run for 364 yards at a 5.2 per clip and one touchdown against the Giants D, and his lifetime numbers are even better. In seven career encounters, McCoy has already racked up 649 yards (92.7 per game) on the ground at 5.6 per carry, another 110 yards through the air, and three touchdowns.
Not surprisingly, Philly is 6-1 against the G-men over that span.
It seems the Eagles go as McCoy goes. Reuben Frank points out the club moved their record to 10-1 when the All-Pro back carries 20 times or more, their lone loss coming at the hands of those same Giants last season. That number is probably a tad skewed, as Reid tends to hand the ball off more when the team is already ahead. Last night, there was no question who paved the way to victory.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money