Jul 22, 2012, 5:49 PM EDT
Via 97.5 The Fanatic’s Tim McManus, Michael Vick arrived at Lehigh University on Sunday afternoon as rookies and selected veterans from the Eagles reported for training camp. Practices begin tomorrow morning, and the full squad assembles on Thursday.
Andy Reid held his opening press conference, but before he spoke to reporters, head trainer Rick Burkholder delivered a bit of bad news on defensive tackle Mike Patterson. Patterson underwent brain surgery during the offseason, and while he’s said to be donig fine, his physician has not cleared him for football yet. Patterson will not participate in training camp, and it’s unknown when he will return — it could be a matter of months.
Patterson joins Jason Peters on the Non-Football Injury list. Peters is considered a “long shot” to play this season, and frankly that’s better odds than we’re giving him. Special teams ace Colt Anderson will begin camp on the Physically Unable to Perform list, but Reid says he is “very close.”
We’ll get into more on Patterson’s absence and what it means for the defense a little later. For the moment, we’re just excited to be one step closer to football season.
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money