Sep 19, 2011, 1:42 AM EDT
Jeremy Maclin had a fantastic game on Sunday night against the Falcons. Well, up until that final play in the fourth quarter where he dropped a ball that backup QB Mike Kafka put right in his bread basket on fourth down to clinch the game for Atlanta.
It’s easy to get angry at Maclin for dropping that pass. It was a ball he absolutely should have caught. It’s was a painful drop to watch — no doubt.
But let’s not forget Maclin caught 13 balls for a whopping 171 yards on the night up until that point for two touchdowns, including a snazzy one-handed grab on the goal line. [videos below]
His dropped ball came at the absolute worst time, but he owned up for it after the game, saying it’s a play he has to make. He even went so far as to apologize for it on Twitter.
The good news for Maclin is his costly drop came in week 2 of a long NFL season. He’ll have plenty of time to make up for it.
|tcclark on Andrew MacDonald’s contract pa…|
|psudrozz on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|DenverFlyer on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|Bob on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money