Mar 26, 2013, 10:46 AM EDT
I had the pleasure of attending Monday Night Raw at Wells Fargo Center last night and resisted all urges to boo for a solid three hours. My responses were overwhelmingly positive, even if I was confusing the kids in front of me by rooting for every “bad guy” on the roster.
Then John Cena compared himself to Donovan McNabb.
During Raw’s main event — which was actually a debate on a pro wrestling show (just go with it) — Cena and The Rock answered questions from a panel of WWE Hall of Famers about their upcoming match for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania.
I’m not going to start explaining a decade worth of wrestling continuity or why Cena’s character has the memory of the goldfish, so here’s the short version:
Cena lost to the Rock at last year’s WrestleMania, got divorced IRL, lost a couple matches, and now he’s seeking at shot at redemption. He’s out to win “the big one.” Enter his self-comparison to McNabb which you can watch below.
It was at this point that I began hissing and cursing John Cena to hell. The kids in front of me needed to learn right from wrong and if their mother wasn’t going to teach them, then the responsibility fell to me.
It’s likely the majority of the boos you hear are just people booing at the sound of McNabb’s name, although there’s at least the hope that some of the response was reserved for Cena himself.
|psudrozz on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|willh888 on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|Hockey on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money