Mar 12, 2012, 2:42 PM EDT
Today kicks off National MS Awareness Week 2012 and we’re excited to tell you about a fun partnership we’ve made with the National MS Society. Part of the goal of MS Awareness Week is to come together to share, educate, and build awareness for multiple sclerosis –a chronic, unpredictable disease of the central nervous system. We plan to do this by getting muddy (and rather sore).
We’ve teamed up with the National MS Society to put a team together of The700Level.com readers and contributors to participate in the 2012 MuckRuckus that will take place in Newtown Square the Weekend of June 9-10, 2012. Yes, we’ll be mucking and grinding. The event is a 5 mile run through mud and an array of obstacles. We also plan to organize a post-race gathering where you can replenish the calories and fluids lost during the race with cold, delicious beer. Details of that to come.
Our goal is to convince as many of you Level readers as possible to get dirty and join our team to raise money and bring awareness to MS by having some fun in the mud. You can join our team, The700Level.com Muckers and Grinders, by clicking here. No, really: JOIN OUR TEAM! The event was known as the Mud Run MS Philly in years past, which you may have heard about and/or participated in. There is a $50 registration fee and each Mucker will then raise $100 each for MS. There is also an option where you can donate to the MS Society in The700Level.com’s team name as well without running in the race. But you know you want to get muddy with us.
Now, I know what you’re thinking. “But we’re out of shape people who sit in our parents basement and drink beer and read sports blogs all day long.” Don’t worry! You’ve got almost three whole months to prepare! I can tell you that I’ve never run five miles in my entire life, let alone through mud and obstacles, so I’ll be starting from scratch to prepare for the event. You won’t be alone. And you may get to hear about how my preparation is coming along over the next few months. Also of encouraging note to Level readers, there is a competitive division and then there’s a “fun” division where the goal is to (basically) complete the course for a good cause. We are most assuredly about the fun.
In an effort to educate and build awareness for MS — and encourage you all to join us — we’ll be writing a series of posts in the weeks leading up to the event about some of the 400,000 Americans living with MS, including a few who competed in the MuckRuckus in year’s past. Mark your calendar’s for Saturday, June 9, 2012 (1:00 pm wave for The700Level.com team) and hit the treadmill.
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|コーチ アウトレット 正規品 on A Comprehensive Guide to the B…|
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money