Jan 4, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
But that hasn’t stopped thousands of Philadelphia Eagles fans from getting down to the parking lots early to get in the traditional activities of grilling, playing cornhole, drinking some frosty beers… and soaking in a hot tub?!??!
Yes, that’s right. One group of Birds fans thought with the temperatures being so damn cold today that the only way to stay warm would be to bring a hot tub down to the parking lots.
NBC 10 was smart enough to send a reporter out there to talk to the guy. We’re currently waiting on video. So check back in a few. [Update: video, boom]
As of the writing of this post just before 4:00 pm, the temp in Philly is 27 degrees but could go down to 23 or 24 before kickoff against the New Orleans Saints. That’s without the wind chill.
Hopefully this crazy dude dries off by then. And puts on a shirt.
Please put on a shirt.
Hot tub at the Eagles tailgate. Note Grandpa with the Wild Turkey. pic.twitter.com/YCWnsDO66d
— Richard Rys (@RichRys) January 4, 2014
Screen cap video Rich Rys
— Dan McQuade (@dhm) January 4, 2014
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return