Nov 16, 2011, 10:57 AM EDT
Well, shit. Kevin Kolb was helping the Cardinals defense on Sunday by calling out a handful of plays that the Eagles were about to run. He said as much yesterday when he was a guest with the Cuz and Prof on WIP.
“During the two-minute drill, you almost feel guilty. Mike’s sitting there giving the signals, and I’m standing there on our sidelines, screaming at our corners, ‘Hey it’s a go ball, hey he’s running a screen, hey he’s running a slant.’”
And you know what? The quiet crowd may have helped the Cardinals as well. Sure, you never want to get too loud when your team has the ball, but maybe some level of noise at all would have helped?
“How much of an effect do I really have?” Kolb said. “I’m screaming to one guy. He may hear me, he may not. Luckily for us at that point [presumably the 2-minute drill at the end], the crowd was pretty dead and some of our guys could maybe hear it.”
Sigh. Even the fans are losers.
>>Kolb says he called out Eagles plays [Philly.com] [quote transcription used by Sheil Kapadia]
Here’s the audio of Kevin Kolb talking with Anthony Gargano and Glen Macnow on Tuesday on 94 WIP:
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money