Dec 18, 2011, 6:29 PM EDT
Nobody in the history of the Philadelphia Eagles has crossed the goal line more often in one season than LeSean McCoy. With his three rushing touchdowns against the Jets on Sunday, Shady has scored 20 touchdowns on the season. He simultaneously broke the record for most rushing touchdowns with 16 and added another to make it 17.
The previous record was held for over 60 years by legendary running back Steve Van Buren, set in 1945. However, as they remarked during the broadcast, Van Buren posted his 18 scores over a 10-game season. By comparison, it took McCoy 14 games to create the new milestone.
Regardless, an incredible feat for one of the best backs in the NFL today. With two games to play, McCoy could set the bar higher still, to a level where it might be another 60-plus years until somebody else comes along and breaks it again — unless of course Shady tops himself next season!
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Reneecel on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|willh888 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money