Apr 26, 2012, 5:51 PM EDT
Draft day is here, and I can honestly say I have no idea what the hell is going on. I’m comfortable adding nobody else knows either.
The Eagles have been tied to players at practically every position. They have a history of moving up, and with 10 picks this year, they have the firepower to do so. They have a reputation for moving down, and with few immediate needs, might be willing to listen to offers.
In other words, anything can happen tonight, and nothing would surprise me. Except…
I will be SHOCKED if any of you hooligans are happy with their selection! I kid, I kid. (Sort of.)
Since I have no grasp on their plan tonight, I’m going to buck tradition here at The700Level: I will not attempt to predict who the Birds take. There are far too many variable this year, and I’m never correct anyway, so why put myself through that shame again?
The guy I think I like though is linebacker Luke Kuechly. At 6-3, 242 lbs., Kuechly sounds like everything you could want in a linebacker. He’s a sound tackler who put up prolific numbers at Boston College using his tremendous athleticism and instincts. It doesn’t look like he would fall to the Eagles at 15, but if they could trade up to get him, choosing Kuechly could go a long way toward solidifying the linebacker corps for years to come.
Looks like I’m in good company, too. Les Bowen both believe the Eagles should target Kuechly as well.
That does it for our pre-draft coverage. Without further ado, let’s live blog this thing. We’ll be taking a closer look at the other teams around the league, answering your Eagles questions, and we’ll also be discussing the two NHL game 7′s that will be going on at the same.
Thanks for joining us.
|willh888 on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|Hockey on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money