Feb 7, 2014, 6:44 PM EDT
Local “celebrity” boxing promoter Damon Feldman may have jumped the gun on announcing a boxing match between George Zimmerman and rapper DMX. That fight appears to be on shaky ground, with no contract actually signed and DMX’s camp doubting it will ever come to fruition.
“DMX will release an official statement if and when an agreement is made,” the statement continued.
When flat out asked if the fight will happen, Nati replied, “I doubt it.”
So who wants to jump in and take DMX’s spot in the ring? Or maybe even beat DMX to get to Zimmerman? How about the brother of Mike Vick, the loquacious Twitter user, Marcus Vick.
This is the message Marcus sent to his followers on Friday evening, asking them to vote for him to fight Zimmerman.
It’s not clear how or where a person who would want to see this could actually make their vote count.
— Marcus Vick (@MVFive) February 7, 2014
Marcus Vick had compared the Zimmerman trial to that of his brother in the past.
|FlyersFan on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|John Anselmo on It doesn’t matter what w…|
|FlyersFan on Wayne Simmonds on Hartsy and V…|
|Jay D on Wayne Simmonds on Hartsy and V…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money