Aug 3, 2011, 9:25 AM EDT
I guess we shouldn’t be too surprised that Donovan McNabb has weighed in
on the Eagles’ continued domination of the free agency news cycle. He
was likely asked point blank about it, so it’s hard to condemn him for
commenting at all. But, at least in print, his comments are tinged with a
taste of bitterness, if not also some reality.
“[Y]ou’ve got to worry about DeSean [Jackson],” McNabb said. “When he comes back are you going to give DeSean the ball or throw it to [Jeremy] Maclin? Remember, you have to give LeSean McCoy the ball, too. And then at the end you still have to pay Mike Vick. They have more problems than people are looking at.”
Although I don’t think we’ve “got to worry,” McNabb’s not necessarily wrong about there still being a lot that needs to go right with all the new pieces, and along with former defensive coordinator Sean McDermott, it’s understandable for him to be having a WTF moment as the Eagles do something they never did during his time here. Hell, when was the last time we saw any team put together an off-season like this?
But the wiser choice probably would have been to give a non-answer. Some things haven’t changed since Donny’s time as an Eagle.
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money