Apr 2, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
This might not surprise you as much as it saddens you, but Nnamdi
Asomugha found a job in the NFL. Yes, as a cornerback. What? Of course I’m
The San Francisco 49ers, one of the two teams that actually
played in the Super Bowl this year, gave Asomugha a one-year deal worth up to
$3 million. Have fun with that.
In all fairness, I wouldn’t be surprised if Asomugha
rebounded a bit. San Fran isn’t far from Oakland where he played the majority
of his career, and he’ll be surrounded by talent on that 49er defense.
Then again, the problem was not that Asomugha was merely used
wrong in Philly. According to Pro Football Focus, he was in press coverage font-family:” calibri”,”sans-serif”;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:=”” calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;=”” mso-bidi-font-family:”times=”” new=”” roman”;mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;=”” mso-ansi-language:en-us;mso-fareast-language:en-us;mso-bidi-language:ar-sa”=””>– over
50% of the time in 2012.
Hey, good luck to the guy. Asomugha wasn’t a jerk or
anything, he just wasn’t actually very good. Even though somehow I think he’ll
do better in SF, he still won’t be who we thought he was.
>> Nnamdi Asomugha agrees with 49ers [PFT]
|Jason R. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money