Jan 6, 2014, 3:42 PM EDT
There are certain privileges that come with being one of the elite athletes in the world who can get signed to play for an NFL team. At most jobs, if you get fired and your company goes on to have a banner year, you’re left with nothing — unless maybe you had some sweet stock options or something.
But the NFL is not most jobs. Only a select few ever sniff it. And there are some sweet perks that can come along with being in the player’s union.
Nnamdi Asomugha has made enough money over his NFL career to retire comfortably. His family has nothing to worry about if he keeps his ducks in a row.
But he could still make a cool six figure payout on Super Bowl Sunday while sitting at home enjoying the television commercials and some cheese dip.
4. Players who aren’t on the 53-man roster at game time that spent at least eight games on the roster (regular season or playoffs) provided they’re not under contract to another team in the same conference.
The final category gives Nnamdi Asomugha a reason to root for the San Francisco 49ers. Since he was on San Francisco’s roster for eight games, he will make $134,000 if they win the Super Bowl.
Must be nice.
Clarification: that 134k figure is what Nnamdi would get for the whole Niners’ playoff run if they win. 92 for Super Bowl win + 42 for Conference champ
|docdeath20 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|mslavick on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Feves on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Matt S. on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return