Jun 30, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT
This is Eagles running back Bryce Brown, and his canine companion is Eilis. Brown asks, “Does this look like a fighting dog to you?”
There seems to have been some confusion over a story involving Brown and his family pet over the weekend. Eilis and her litter of puppies were among 27 dogs seized in a suspected dog fighting operation in Wisconsin. When news surfaced that the seized animals had been returned to Brown with the words “dog fighting” prominently displayed, some fans were quick to assume the worst.
Anyone interested or so quick to judge me & make nasty comments should know what they’re talking about first. My dog, Eilis, was at Northland Pits being bred with a UKC registered male. Anyone who knows anything about breeding American pitbull terriers should know that has NOTHING to do with fighting. I have never been interested or involved in dog fighting. My family and I love Eilis, and she is a family pet and always has been. I take extreme good care of my pets and anyone who knows me can agree.
My dog was returned to me quickly because it was obvious that she is not and never has been involved with dog fighting. Northland Pits is a respectable breeder which has unfortunately been the target of anti-breeding groups and “animal rights,” activists who know nothing about what he is doing there, and assume it is related to dog fighting due to the breed of the dogs. He is a victim in this case, just as I am. He takes great care of his dogs and Eilis wouldn’t have been breeding there otherwise.
According to reports, the owner of Northland Pits was arrested on preliminary charges of mistreating animals and operating as a dog breeder without a license. So far there is nothing specifically related to dog fighting, although it would seem Brown had absolutely no involvement even if additional charges are brought.
>> Seized dogs returned to Bryce Brown [CSN]
|willh888 on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|Hockey on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money