Nov 18, 2013, 12:44 PM EST
Maybe spending all that time around 69,000 Philadelphians in South Philly rubbed off on the referees working yesterday’s Eagles-Redskins game. Because one umpire directed some very foul language at one of the Redskins players.
You can watch the clip of Trent Williams discussing the incident above and read the transcript from the Washington Post below:
During the final possession of the second quarter, Williams said, an official — Williams identified him by his uniform number, 81, which Sunday was worn by umpire Roy Ellison — approached him and called him a “garbage-(expeletive), disrespectful mother (expletive). … “If you rewind the play, you can see him walk by and say something,” Williams said. “You’ll see me turn around and say: ‘What was that?’ “
The DC Sports Bog tracked down video of the actual play in question where the ref appears to say something to Williams and examines it frame by frame.
Pretty strange without more context.
The NY Daily News explains that an attempt to talk to the ref after the game proved unfruitful:
A pool reporter attempted to speak with officials, who were already on a bus to leave the stadium after the game, about Williams’ claim. According to the reporter, referee Walt Coleman came to the window to hear the question, but after hearing of Williams’ comments, Coleman instructed the driver to close the window and the bus departed.
|BirdGangT on With $13 million guaranteed, J…|
|RDawg44 on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|BirdGangT on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|Jason R. on Which Philadelphia Union playe…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return