Oct 28, 2013, 12:55 PM EST
I suppose there’s good news and bad news for residents of Graduate Hospital / Fitler Square / South Street West / whatever-you-like-to-call the area of the city near 22nd and Lombard Streets in Philadelphia. The bad news is that you can’t watch an Eagles game at Doobie’s, the cozy corner dive bar known for it’s former lack of signage, its jukebox, solid beer selection, and not very enjoyable bathroom experience.
But that’s been the policy of bar owner and self-described “animal advocate” Patty Brett for year’s now.
For whatever reason, this was written about and given a short radio spot over at WHYY / Newsworks.org yesterday where Patty shared her decision to never forget:
“Because of what Michael Vick has done to those animals, I can’t in good conscience support the Eagles while he’s a member of the team,” she said. “He murdered and tortured animals and I can’t forgive him for that.”
The guy drinking at the bar didn’t much seem to care:
“I’m past it,” he said. “I think what’s done is done and he’s paid his debt and he just wants to move on.”
The good news for those aforementioned Birds fans in the G-Ho area? Well, Mike Vick’s time on the Eagles certainly appears to be coming to an end. So you’ll be able to catch a game at Doobie’s in the not-too-distant future.
I’d probably suggest P&K, Grace, or Sidecar for a better game watching experience anyway.
I’m still waiting on the first Philadelphia bar to refuse to show Eagles games because of Matt Barkley.
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return