Oct 28, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
I suppose there’s good news and bad news for residents of Graduate Hospital / Fitler Square / South Street West / whatever-you-like-to-call the area of the city near 22nd and Lombard Streets in Philadelphia. The bad news is that you can’t watch an Eagles game at Doobie’s, the cozy corner dive bar known for it’s former lack of signage, its jukebox, solid beer selection, and not very enjoyable bathroom experience.
But that’s been the policy of bar owner and self-described “animal advocate” Patty Brett for year’s now.
For whatever reason, this was written about and given a short radio spot over at WHYY / Newsworks.org yesterday where Patty shared her decision to never forget:
“Because of what Michael Vick has done to those animals, I can’t in good conscience support the Eagles while he’s a member of the team,” she said. “He murdered and tortured animals and I can’t forgive him for that.”
The guy drinking at the bar didn’t much seem to care:
“I’m past it,” he said. “I think what’s done is done and he’s paid his debt and he just wants to move on.”
The good news for those aforementioned Birds fans in the G-Ho area? Well, Mike Vick’s time on the Eagles certainly appears to be coming to an end. So you’ll be able to catch a game at Doobie’s in the not-too-distant future.
I’d probably suggest P&K, Grace, or Sidecar for a better game watching experience anyway.
I’m still waiting on the first Philadelphia bar to refuse to show Eagles games because of Matt Barkley.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money