Apr 9, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
Eagles quarterback Mike Vick was in South Philadelphia on Monday afternoon to support the Phillies in their home opener against the Miami Marlins. Vick, who was rocking a Phils cap, tweeted that this was the first professional baseball game he’d ever been to and that the Phillies needed some damn runs. They were held scoreless at the time of his tweet but later added a few to the scoreboard after Freddy Galvis’ first career hit in the seventh.
And no, he can’t hit or play first base, so don’t bother asking.
Photo caption: Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick watches the Philadelphia Phillies home opener baseball game with the Miami Marlins Monday, April 9, 2012, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon).
At my first professional baseball game and enjoying it. We need runs ASAP!
— Mike Vick (@MikeVick) April 9, 2012
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
|kirk on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return