Apr 9, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
Eagles quarterback Mike Vick was in South Philadelphia on Monday afternoon to support the Phillies in their home opener against the Miami Marlins. Vick, who was rocking a Phils cap, tweeted that this was the first professional baseball game he’d ever been to and that the Phillies needed some damn runs. They were held scoreless at the time of his tweet but later added a few to the scoreboard after Freddy Galvis’ first career hit in the seventh.
And no, he can’t hit or play first base, so don’t bother asking.
Photo caption: Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick watches the Philadelphia Phillies home opener baseball game with the Miami Marlins Monday, April 9, 2012, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon).
At my first professional baseball game and enjoying it. We need runs ASAP!
— Mike Vick (@MikeVick) April 9, 2012
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money