Jun 7, 2011, 1:31 AM EDT
Yes, for some strange reason, Plaxico Burress was wearing a retro Phillies cap when he left prison on Monday morning. Did he win the hat in a inter-prison poker game? Not likely.
My bet? That intrepid agent of his, Drew Rosenhaus, thought his client wearing a cap of a team from Philadelphia would garner a bit of media attention. Not bad, Rosenhaus. You win.
What goes on in Rosenhaus’ head is unclear exactly, but for some reason everyone seems to think Philly is a favorite to land Burress’ services. While it seems like a bizarre move given the Eagles currently very solid receiving corp, Vegas loves Burress to the Eagles.
The odds, courtesy of Bodog, of where Burress will end up.
Who will sign Plaxico Burress?
Philadelphia Eagles 3/2
New York Jets 3/1
St. Louis Rams 11/2
Washington Redskins 15/2
Minnesota Vikings 15/2
Pittsburgh Steelers 10/1
Chicago Bears 12/1
New York Giants 12/1
Cleveland Browns 15/1
Oakland Raiders 15/1
|Renee on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Reneecel on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money