May 20, 2011, 12:29 PM EDT
Andy Reid recently indicated the Eagles will be targeting their remaining areas of positional need once they’re able to do so. In all likelihood, that will include signing some help in the secondary, where fans and even current players want to see a successful push for Nnamdi Asomugha.
Redskins cornerback Carlos Rogers knows he’s not the top target at his position, but he doesn’t seem to mind that, and he’s also letting the Eagles know he’d like to hear from them. Via Sheil Kapadia:
Doesn’t sound like Carlos is on his way back to DC (although he indicated it’s still an option)…
How livid would you be to hear an Eagle in a similar situation say that? Q for example? Akers…? On the other hand, a lot of players do enjoy playing against the Redskins, and an increasing number don’t seem to be interested in playing for them, so it’s a little different. Not too many are trying to cement their Redskins legacy by currying favor with the Washington fans on their way out of town.
Check out Sheil’s in-depth look here, which includes a statistical breakdown of the Birds, Cowboys, and Redskins pass defenses last season.
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money