Oct 26, 2012, 12:50 PM EST
This story is a couple of days old but it’s Friday and we’ve got cold frosty beverages on the mind. It also involves the only NFL player I’ve actually drank a beer with in real life, so we felt compelled to pass this fun if only minutely related anecdote along.
Chris Cooley was out of the NFL just a week ago. His playing days looked like they may have been over. But then Redskins tight end Fred Davis went down with an injury and Cooley’s career got a shot of life to it. All that was left was to negotiate that case of beer into his new contract.
As Sarah Kogod writes in a recap of the events that led to Cooley’s official return to Washington, he tried to get some beer included as compensation in his new contract.
“Literally, I have text correspondence trying to negotiate a case of
beer into my contract. They wouldn’t do it. I wanted it in writing so
Hate the Redskins, but respect the goofy mofo who now plays tight end for them again.
If you liked this post, you will probably enjoy our photo gallery from a week back featuring the beers of my trip to Munich and Prague for Oktoberfest earlier this month.
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages