Oct 11, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
He came back to the Eagles, had his number retired, was honored with a spectacular going-out party at halftime of the Giants game, but now it finally feels like the Brian Dawkins closing ceremonies have officially come to an end:
He’s been honored in a single by Reef the Lost Cauze.
For those of you unfamiliar with his work, Reef has been a staple of the local hip hop scene for much of the last decade. You may recognize him from his work with Army of the Pharaohs.
The song begins much as you’d expect, with audio of Dawkins screaming to his teammates before a game. Thing is, from there on out, it’s really a lot less (read: kind of not at all) about No. 20, and a lot more about Reef, age 30, getting older.
As WXPN asks: “What does that mean, anyway – ten years of recording, seven LPs, numerous collaborations, and suddenly you’re an ‘elder?’
Hit the widget below to listen to ‘B. Dawk,’ and catch Reef playing The Troc tonight.
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money