Jul 28, 2011, 8:16 AM EST
The local player movement scene has been a little slower than most people might have thought since the lifting of the NFL lockout, with the Eagles notably sitting on the sidelines in terms of announced deals. Of course, we know that Kevin Kolb will be traded, with most but not all signs pointing to a deal with the Arizona Cardinals and involving Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a draft pick coming this way.
But throughout the waning period of the lockout, we also saw the Eagles linked to names like Plaxico Burress, Albert Haynesworth, and Reggie Bush, among others. Well, after yesterday’s spate of minor-name trades, Thursday is gearing up to be a busy day, with at least Haynesworth and Reggie Bush reportedly on the move, and not to Philly.
Jay Glazer reports that Bush will be moved to Miami once a contract with the Dolphins is worked out, and Adam Schefter says the Patriots have sent a 2013 fifth rounder to Washington for the services of Mr. Haynesworth. No word on whether it had mustard on it.
It had previously been speculated that the Redskins would take just about anything to keep Haynesworth from winding up in Philly, preventing their nightmare signing of the big man from compounding with interest. Mission accomplished there, and they even managed to get a higher pick for him than they did for Donovan McNabb yesterday.
Bush was probably always a long-shot at best, as there aren’t a lot of touches to go around the Eagles’ backfield after Lesean McCoy has gotten his.
Meanwhile, after all the Phillies caps and Vick stories, the Eagles haven’t been seriously linked to Plax at all this week. In fact, the team previously seen as the least likely to land him, his former club the Giants, appears to be one of two finalists for his services, along with the Pittsburgh Steelers, his other former club.
After the pending Kolb news, the Birds will turn to free agency once that market opens. The names most commonly heard on that front right now are DE Jason Babin and LB Stephen Tulloch. More on those possibilities as we hurtle closer to free agency.
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Chutley on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return