Aug 28, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Chip Kelly making his NFL debut as head football coach of the Philadelphia Eagles won’t be the only big storyline when the Birds take on Washington on Monday Night Football on September 9th. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports today that Robert Griffin III will make the start at quarterback for the Redskins.
What Washington wanted: Redskins QB Robert Griffin III will start their Monday night opener against the Eagles.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 28, 2013
RGIII won’t have played in any of the preseason games so the Eagles could very well likely see a rusty quarterback. That said, the Eagles defense struggled against him last season.
Time to see what a new season and a new defensive coordinator will bring to the table against one of the games brightest young stars.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return