Aug 29, 2011, 11:16 AM EDT
Sunday was a strange day. With the Phillies off and the remnants of the hurricane passed through the Delaware Valley by the early afternoon, we weren’t quite sure what to do with ourselves.
With the Phillies getting to Cincy a couple of days early, a number of them used the extra free time to prep for and draft their fantasy football teams.
In a sign of just how meta the Internet is getting, Phillies fan-favorite Hunter Pence announced to the world that he selected Eagles fan-favorite Shady McCoy with the sixth overall pick in his draft. Shady’s going to be a very good fantasy back, worthy of a first round pick. But at sixth overall, it could be argued that Pence had a little hometown reach. Hopefully for Hunter’s sake it’s a PPR league.
Oh, and Jimmy Rollins was locked into the MTV Video Awards last night. Big Adele fan.
The draft went well…my first pick at 6 was LeSean McCoy! I believe he is @cutondime25 ?
Adele is dope!!! Her album is fire too
|Jason R. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money