Dec 8, 2013, 5:19 PM EDT
In the pantheon of overblown/overdone/dead horse beaten things in Philadelphia sports, “they threw snowballs at Santa” is right up there with booing Michael Irvin and cheesesteak B-roll on national television.
So far at least, we have heard no real horror stories from today’s game at the Linc. Judging by Twitter and online reactions, everyone seemed to have a blast and kept it (relatively) clean.
Well, it turns out the troublemaking Philadelphia fans were in Baltimore for a wild Ravens-Vikings game, and in Washington for a pathetic Redskins-Chiefs matchup.
And finally, do we get odds that when ESPN shows this Adrian Peterson tweet (and they will), they’ll make a joke about Eagles fans and Santa?
Of course, it took a New York media member to stir the pot at the Eagles game.
Meanwhile, back in Philadelphia, the fans were (apparently) on their best behavior. Not that you’ll hear about that on SportsCenter.
|BenE. on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|Razor or Mase on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|BenE. on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|brandonphilly on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money