Mar 15, 2013, 1:49 PM EDT
Sometimes a change of scenery is good for everyone.
Sometimes a change of scenery doesn’t work out for anybody.
Kevin Kolb for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was the latter. The
two of them were the principals in a major offseason trade in 2011, but Rodgers-Cromartie
bolted for Denver in free agency this week, while Kolb was released by the
Cardinals on Friday.
While DRC pretty much ran his self out of town with his
questionable effort last season, Kolb was in part a victim of circumstances in
Arizona. He played behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league, and
as a result, wound up being hurt more often than not.
Kolb had a 6-8 record as a starter in two seasons with the
Cardinals, producing an 83.2 passer rating. That’s not great, but imagine what
he might have done with any sort of protection.
Maybe I’ll always think Kevin Kolb is a little bit better
than he actually is. Would like to see him get another chance – a better one at
that – somewhere down the line.
At least it wasn’t totally lose-lose from the Eagles’
standpoint, not yet anyway. DRC didn’t work out, but the team still scored a
second-round pick in the deal, which they turned into Vinny Curry and Brandon
Boykin last April.
Of course, Curry hardly played last year, and Boykin’s
ceiling might be as a slot corner, so who knows how much they really got out of that.
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return