Nov 15, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
DeSean Jackson has been having a fine season. He’s put up some good numbers and caught some real nice and lengthy TDs. His teammates are even saying he’s been a better teammate this year.
Eagles beat writer Tim McManus has an article about DeSean’s big turnaround this season and it includes this gem about DJacc admitting he had never really bought in fully in the past:
“Honestly, man, I’ve just bought in. I just really bought in all across the board. Never really had done that in the past, maybe sometimes fighting the system,” Jackson acknowledged in a one-on-one with Birds 24/7. “So just trying new things that I think have really been paying off for me. Staying focused and doing all the extra little things , being a teammate, being a leader. Staying after practice later, working hard, little things that being young, never took the importance of doing that. It’s kind of been my focus.”
I suppose you could look at it two ways. On one hand, DeSean admits to not being fully dedicated to the Eagles system in the past, which is quite frustrating. On the other hand, it shows the kid is finally maturing.
DeSean’s certainly a divisive guy off the field. Keep putting up numbers on it and nobody will care.
>>DeSean no longer ‘fighting the system’ [PhillyMag]
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money