Jun 18, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
And surprisingly, it’s not me. Actually, for once it wasn’t somebody who stands on the sidelines starting the hyperbole at all. In fact, it was Trent Cole heaping such high praise on still-teammate and former heir apparent Kevin Kolb, and the Pro Bowl defensive end compared him to a three-time world champion and future first ballot Hall of Fame quarterback.
Fox Sports’ Adam Schein picked up Cole’s comments, and was willing to agree to an extent. Well, basically everything but the Tom Brady part.
Schein went on to add he believes Kolb will be in an Arizona Cardinals uniform this season, and not only will he lead them back to the playoffs, but he will also make a Pro Bowl in the near future. “Write that down.” Oh, it’s noted.
We tend to think Kolb has the potential to be a very good quarterback in the NFL, and some of us even favor his more conventional style to Vick’s Houdini act. That said, Kolb has proven very little during his four-year career, and it’s still early to proclaim he is or will be on the same level as the league’s elite quarterbacks.
And actually, you have to watch Eagles quarterbacks once they move on, because the track record in other locales hasn’t been good. A.J. Feeley was once worth a second round pick to the Dolphins, and we shant be forgetting the lesson of Donovan McNabb any time soon.
That being said, we think the kid is going to be pretty good if he winds up in the right situation. I don’t know about Tom Brady good, but then again, nobody knew Tom Brady was going to be Tom Brady good either.
>> Kevin Kolb is the next WHO? [Fox Sports]
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money