Jul 24, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
I know what you’re thinking. It’d be fun to see Rocky roll out to the middle of the ring in some wheelchair boxing match in the seventeenth installment of the Rocky franchise, but this isn’t exactly like that. But there are plans for a Rocky spin-off of sorts centering around Apollo Creed’s grandson.
From Hit Fix:
MGM is developing a new chapter in the long-running “Rocky” franchise, with this one focusing on the grandson of Rocky’s one-time rival, Apollo Creed.
Sylvester Stallone will once again return as Rocky Balboa, who is now fully retired (we’ll believe it when we see it), but agrees to train the young Creed as he enters the world of pro boxing.
I mean, it could be worse, right? I’m sure plenty of South Philadelphia residents would pay a couple bucks just to hear some new remake of the Rocky Theme Music.
The fun part? The rumored star of the movie and decedent to Creed is actor Michael B. Jordan, better known to you as “Wallace” from “The Wire.”
I’m hoping they can recruit Kevin Connolly to reprise his role.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money