Oct 8, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
Here’s a fun little anecdote about Brooklyn Nine-Nine actor Terry Crews from the Daily News’ Molly Eichel. For those unfamiliar, before getting into acting Crews was attempting a career as an NFL player which included a brief stint with the Philadelphia Eagles back in the 90s.
Safe to say his football career was not going well. But staying at a Holiday Inn last night did not instantly turn him into the next Reggie White.
“For two weeks, I stayed at the Holiday Inn across the street from Veterans Stadium. I just remember it was Christmas Day. It was the saddest thing ever, that Holiday Inn. I was eating old sausage and two little pancakes. It was so sad,” Crews told me. “I was missing my family. We lost the game to the 49ers – it was a playoff game. I just thought, I don’t want to do this anymore. The excitement wasn’t there.”
Again, “it was Christmas Day. It was the saddest thing ever, that Holiday Inn. I was eating old sausage and two little pancakes. It was so sad.”
At least it helped him become a big acting star. Go read about his new comedy. Supposedly it’s pretty good.
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|willh888 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Gregg on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|bruiserbrigade on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money