Nov 14, 2012, 1:37 PM EDT
If you surf on over to the website of the National Football League, you’re currently greeted with an image that includes the great hope of the future of the Philadelphia Eagles franchise, Nick Foles. The accompanying headline and teaser asks if the backup quarterbacks on “four playoff contenders are up to the task?”
So yes, they believe the Eagles are playoff contenders. And while this is mathematically accurate, I’m curious how many Eagles fans actually believe the Birds are playoff contenders.
But that’s not all that is interesting about this headline and choice of photo… The article only writes about the 14 backup quarterbacks on WINNING teams. What the hell is that about?
So all of the judgment on young Nick Foles will have to be made by you, Eagles nation.
|sumkat on As free agency opens, remember…|
|sumkat on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|financeptycom on Photo Gallery and Tweets: Linc…|
|duffman on One national writer thinks Eag…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return