Nov 15, 2013, 10:40 AM EDT
Chip Kelly and his Philadelphia Eagles have a mantra.
Habits reflect the mission.
Whatever that means. Okay, what does it mean? Vinny Curry explains:
“All he’s saying is basically follow the blueprint and pick your head up at the end of the season and see where we are,” defensive end Vinny Curry said. “And so far the habits we’ve been forming have been working for us.”
But apparently it’s working to some extent. As Inquirer beat writer Jeff McLane writes this morning, the Birds are buying in. That’s demonstrated perfectly when Jason Kelce talks about Chip’s vision preventing the dudes from having that beer.
“It sits in the back of your mind, and you joke about it with the team,” Kelce said. “Somebody will be about to order a beer or a shot, and it’s like: ‘Hey, those habits aren’t reflecting the mission. Come on, let’s put that away.’ “
I think even Tony up in the 700 level knows that doing that extra shot can really screw up your productivity the next day. Don’t do that extra shot, people. Eye on the prize. The Mission. All that.
|duffman on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|willh888 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|ochospantalones on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Ben on One national writer thinks Eag…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return