May 25, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
Randall Cunningham could do it all – run, throw, you name it. He could even punt the ball. Despite a career of ups and downs, QB Eagles (as he was known in the legendary Tecmo Super Bowl) came just shy of recording 30,000 yards passing and 5,000 rushing in 16 NFL seasons, his body of work helping to pave the way for future mobile quarterbacks.
Randall was ahead of his time. At a different point in history, he might have been one of the greats.
Guess it’s a good thing there’s another.
Dave Miller for National Football Post is profiling some of the top prospects in college football for 2014, which is how we learned about Randall Cunningham II, or RC2 as the creative folks on the Baylor coaching staff call him. The four-time All-Pro’s offspring hasn’t committed to the Bears or anything yet though, as the offers are still rolling in from the likes of Syracuse, Mississippi St., and even LSU – this before he’s ever started a single high school game under center.
More offers are sure to follow. Cunningham’s kid is already 6’5”, 180 lbs. heading into his senior year, and it sounds like the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree for this dual-threat quarterback.
And to say RC2 is athletic is an understatement.
He has been clocked at 4.6 seconds in the 40-yard dash and recorded a mark of 7 feet, 2 inches in the high jump. He will likely participate in track and football at the next level and has dreams of competing in the Olympics.
Miller notes that many coaches think Cunningham might be a better receiving prospect, so unless he has a great fall and leads his high school team to another state championship or something, a position switch could be in the cards. Then again, his father probably could have played multiple positions, and for all intents and purposes he did at UNLV and for the Eagles. Regardless of where RC2 winds up, it sounds like he has a great shot at making a huge impact.
|Simmonds17 on Which Philadelphia Union playe…|
|Enrico Campitelli Jr… on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|lew on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|mike on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return