Oct 2, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
The Eagles-Giants rivalry is going as strong as ever, but the Shady-Osi feud appears to be running its course.
Osi Umenyiora stood by his pledge to take the high road after McCoy’s “ballerina” comment, and per an exchange between the two in the aftermath of Sunday night’s contest, the All-Pro back has declared a cease fire in the war of words.
McCoy discussed the encounter with the Giants pass rusher in a conversation on 610 WIP on Monday:
“We crossed paths a couple times, we gave each other the eye,” McCoy said on the SportsRadio WIP Player’s Lounge show on Monday. “In the warmups, we looked at each other funny. I think after the game, it’s time to get over this Osi and LeSean thing because after the game [Umenyiora] said ‘you’re a heck of a player, we’re in this business, let’s get over this.’ He said, ‘let’s be done with it.’ Being a bigger man, also for myself, you’ve got to focus on the Giants, they’re a good team already. My goal is not an inter-division battle with Osi. It’s with the Giants, and trying to get to the Super Bowl.”
The bitter sentiments stem back to a Twitter exchange last year, and only this year began to play out through the media. It’s probably better the two of them put a lid on it now before it becomes a lot more hostile.
Besides, none of their back and forth was all that entertaining, so I don’t feel like we’ll be missing out on too much.
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money