Jan 16, 2013, 3:41 PM EDT
As with any major move in Philadelphia, the hiring of Chip Kelly has drawn a total mix of reactions from fans. Some love the move as an innovative but risky hire, while others hate it and think the former college coach’s high-powered spread scheme won’t translate to the NFL. But Vegas’ opinion is more cut and dry. They like Kelly to improve the Eagles’ odds of winning the Super Bowl.
From the National Football Post on Yahoo!:
Less than sixty minutes after the story broke that Kelly was headed to
Philadelphia, the Wynn sports book adjusted the Eagles’ 2014 Super Bowl
odds from 30-1 to 22-1, Wynn Director of Race & Sports Johnny Avello
told the National Football Post on Wednesday.
Shortly thereafter, the LVH SuperBook adjusted Philadelphia from 50-1 to
30-1, per LVH Director of Race & Sports Jay Kornegay.
Now, Joe Fortenbaugh writes this off as the sports books looking to lower their exposure now that some Eagles fans will feel they got a whole lot better with the splashy hire. But we’re just going to try not to read into it that much and tell ourselves this really does make us a better contender to win the Super Bowl.
At least Vegas doesn’t seem to think it’s the worst NFL hiring ever. Like some people.
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return