Aug 20, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
From wide-open quarterback competition to most valuable player in the NFL? You can bet on it. Literally, you can.
Maybe it’s only coincidence (probably not), but not long after Chip Kelly named Michael Vick the Eagles’ starting quarterback, his odds on winning some serious hardware improved rather suddenly. In fact, only 12 players are getting better odds.
Bovada.lv passed along some updated prop bets for a few awards and league leaders, where Vick is in surprisingly good company considering he wasn’t even the starting quarterback officially about an hour ago.
Peyton Manning (DEN) QB 5/1 Aaron Rodgers (GB) QB 13/2 Colin Kaepernick (SF) QB 10/1 Drew Brees (NO) QB 10/1 Adrian Peterson (MIN) RB 12/1 Tom Brady (NE) QB 12/1 Matt Ryan (ATL) QB 15/1 Robert Griffin III (WAS) QB 18/1 Russell Wilson (SEA) QB 18/1 Andrew Luck (IND) QB 25/1 Calvin Johnson (DET) WR 25/1 Eli Manning (NYG) QB 25/1 Arian Foster (HOU) RB 33/1 Ben Roethlisberger (PIT) QB 33/1 Cam Newton (CAR) QB 33/1 Matthew Stafford (DET) QB 33/1 Michael Vick (PHI) QB 33/1 Tony Romo (DAL) QB 33/1
It’s debatable that Vick will even be the most valuable player in his own offense. LeSean McCoy could be in store for a huge season, but he’s not even bringing up the rear of the list with Reggie Bush at 150/1. Hell, Shady is only going off at 20/1 to finish this season as the leader in rushing yards, behind 10 other backs. I like that action.
That said, Vick sure has looked explosive in two preseason games. The question now is whether he can maintain that stellar play over a full season – something that he’s never really done before. We shall see. Would you bet on it?
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
|philasopher on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money