Aug 8, 2012, 12:09 PM EDT
Andy Reid was back at Eagles training camp this morning at Lehigh University and addressed the media for the first time since the passing of his oldest son Garrett on Sunday. Andy was gracious in answering all of the different questions posed to him and was incredibly thankful for the outpouring of love and support shown to him and his family during these trying times. He repeatedly said how humbled he was to see such a tremendous outpouring.
His opening statement can be viewed above.
It was emotional to watch.
The fans and the media don’t always see eye to eye with Andy, but it’s comforting to know how quickly the football differences can be put aside when it really matters.
Here’s more from later in the presser, talking about dealing with the ups and downs of life:
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money